CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

A New Beginning

Jane got farther and farther away from the crowd where Jenny stood in the middle basking in her glory. Her heart was racing by the time she got into the lab that belonged to Professor Derivate. The lab was as high tech as it came, just like she imagined it. There were machines and everything concerning Mathemon all over the room.

"Well hello there Jane," Professor Derivate yelled out coming out of one of the rooms. Jane jumped at the sound of his voice. "If you're here for a Mathemon then I'm sorry but you're too late I gave them all away."

A lump formed in Jane's throat. She gulped trying to make it go away but it wasn't working. The tears were already starting to sting her eyes after she heard that there weren't any more Mathemon. Just like that her dream had been shattered into a million pieces. Jane mentally slapped herself for being so tardy.

Professor Derivate felt pity for the young girl in front of him. "There's no need to cry. I wasn't planning on giving this Mathemon to anyone...but I think you can handle it." Jane's face immediately brightened as she wiped the tears off her face. The professor walked to one of his drawers and pulled out a Mathecube. Jane felt a surge of energy and adrenaline go through her body as she held on to the cube. This was it, her first Mathemon. She opened it and out came....DERIVEE.

"Vee! Vee! Derivee! Deriv!!"

"Wow! A real Derivee!" Jane took the Derivee and hugged it tightly in her arms. "But I heard that these are super rare around this area! Everyone in Kuro Town knows that! But...why didn't you give this to Jenny instead?"

"Although she is my grand daughter, I don't believe that she is capable of handling Derivee yet. You see, with Derivee, it is possible to become the Mathemon master of them all."

"The Mathemon master of them all? Golly! That's been my dream ever since I was little! Thanks Professor! I'll make sure to make use of Derivee's skills and become my life long dream, a Mathemon master!!" Jane exclaimed, her eyes glittering with determination. Her dream seemed closer than ever thanks to the Derivee that was now in her arms. It looked up at her, a look of curiosity on its face as it took a glimpse of its new master, its new friend.

"Oh! Before I forget," the Professor said, as if he were struck by lightning, "Take these," he took out some Mathecubes and a strange device from his coat pockets and handed them to Jane. "You will need these on your journey to becoming a Mathemon master. It would be silly to go without any Mathecubes to catch some Mathemon with, and if you're wondering about that device here, that is called a Mathedex."

"Mathedex? What's that for?" Jane asked curiously as she stared at the foreign device.

"Oh, its just a handy tool that you'll need to help you identify the various Mathemon that you encounter. You see, it stores the information of the Mathemon you encounter onto its database and that will prove helpful for me too in my studies as I have yet to encounter every single Mathemon."

Jane put down Derivee, a look of disappointment on its face, and took the items from Professor Derivate. "Oh my, thanks Professor! You've provided me with so much help already, I'm sure I can really become a Mathemon master now!"

"Deriv! Deriv!"

"Ha Ha! You're excited too, Derivee?" Jane put the items in her bag and picked up Derivee, bringing it in front of her face, "Well, enough chat! I think its time for us to set out on our long awaited journey, don't you think?" She smiled gleefully at the Mathemon. "Okay, Professor! We're out! Thanks for everything!" She said, beginning to run off outside wihle waving back to the Professor.

"What an enthusiastic girl... I'm sure Derivee is in good hands with her."

0 comments: